Valerie Alexander is the author of Happiness as a Second Language, an Amazon #1 Seller in the Happiness and Self-Help categories, Success as a Second Language: A Guidebook for Defining and Achieving Personal Success, and How Women Can Succeed in the Workplace (Despite Having "Female Brains")
As a screenwriter, Valerie has written for Joel Schumacher, Catherine Zeta Jones, Ice Cube and others, and she is the creator and writer-director of “Say I Do,” “The Wedding Matters,” and “Life Support,” successful commercial campaigns supporting everyone's freedom to marry.
Prior to Hollywood, Valerie was a securities lawyer, an investment banker, and an Internet executive. She's married to movie producer, Rick Alexander, and has a lovely German Shepherd named Pepper, whose pictures you see all over this site.
The Mary Jones Show -- WDRC, The Talk of Connecticut
CaliforniaWoman 411 -- KPTR, Palm Springs
Additional Radio, Web, Podcasts and Print Media
- The Ron & Don Show -- KIRO, Seattle
- The Opening Door with Wendy Strgar
- BreveTV -- Valerie Alexander on Happiness as a Second Language
- Build Book Buzz
- Chris McMullen's Success Stories
- The Writer Librarian
Valerie's posts on the Huffington Post have collectively garnered more than 3 million page views. Her most popular articles are:
- Let's Ban Weddings, and While We're at it, Baby Showers, Too
- To Me, Mean Pictures Aren't Funny
- Let's Stop Neutralizing Men
- Stop Capturing the Moment and Just Enjoy It
Please enter all press inquiries and other questions below.