Yes, you could sit in the Oval Office all day tweeting, I suppose, but will that really improve your job performance?
Instead, you can use Twitter to make your company a significantly better place to work!
“How?” you ask.
Just read this fantastic and exciting press release from G&A Partners (hint – I’m in it…):
#HRTailgate Preview: How To Score A Winning Company Culture
Think you can become a company culture pro in 140 characters or less? Look no further than our HR Tailgate Twitter chat.
Having a strong company culture is no longer just a mere option in the workforce. A company’s values, rituals and overall spirit make a huge impact on employee happiness and their willingness to stick around. A Columbia University study shows the likelihood of job turnover at an organization with a strong company culture is a mere 13.9 percent, whereas the probability of job turnover at an organization with a weak company culture is 48.4 percent—yikes!
Our first HR Tailgate of 2017 will discuss “How to Score a Winning Company Culture.” Join us on February 9 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. CST for an engaging chat led by G&A Partners’ Director of Corporate HR Bonnie Scherry, and special guest host Valerie Alexander, speaker, author and workplace happiness expert.
If you’ve never been involved in a Twitter chat, you’ll be surprised at how simple it is to participate. A Twitter chat is a live conversation focused on a topic — for this month, ours is workplace wellness. The chat is guided by eight questions; chat participants can engage in dialogue with chat hosts and other chat participants by answering the questions and using the hashtag #HRTailgate. (Forbes shares everything you need to know about a Twitter chat in this article.)
Want to know what to expect? Get excited and gear up for the chat by visiting the recap of past HR Tailgates:“Score a Wellness Touchdown,” “Tackling Social Media in HR,” “How to Score a Work-Life Balance,” “Gear Up for Workplace Safety,” “HR Law: Avoid Being Out of Bounds, and “2017 Workplace Wellness Plans.”
How to participate:
First: Follow your chat hosts on Twitter:
- Bonnie Scherry, tweeting from the G&A Partners account – @GAPartners
- Valerie Alexander – @SpeakHappiness
Then: Prepare to share your HR knowledge and learn from others with the following questions:
- How can HR pros/managers do to minimize the effect of outside factors (like politics) have on culture?
- How do you screen and interview for culture fit?
- How do you handle a culture misfit with a new employee?
- What happens when your culture is sabotaged? How do you “fix” it?
- How does it affect culture when leaders in your organization don’t follow culture expectations?
- What do you do with high performers who are cultural “duds”?
- What are some best practices for a culture “reset”?
- How do you train employees about culture expectations?
Next: End your answers with the hashtag #HRTailgate to participate.
Ready to show off your knowledge, ideas and questions on all things company culture? Don’t miss out on our award-winning #HRTailgate on Thursday, February 9!